-->
GameMoor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameMoorLog in

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyClient Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
I wanted to just make a post here because I've encountered quite a few bugs on the client.

- Often, trade offers are completely blank when I try to check them in order to accept/deny. Usually when this happens, if I go to my inventory and put something up for sale, the prices are blank as well. There's also an issue with trying to offer on someone else, as their side of the trade is often blank and I'm unable to offer. If I go to a user's profile and hit the marketplace icon or wishlist, both of these also show up with nothing in them. Zoe's Club and Auctions are usually blank when this occurs too. The only way I've been able to fix all of this is through logging out, force closing the app, and then trying again (However, this is very temporary, as the bug seems to come back shortly after).

- The app freezes and stops responding constantly. This seems to happen more when going from one room or party to another

- When I click on the drop-down menus at the top of the client, the menu will sometimes show up for a second and then quickly disappear

- In the 'Appearances' section of the profile, it's pretty difficult to change eyes/mouth/hair because there's a glitch when hovering over the options. It seems to be similar to what happens with the drop-down menus

- Potions don't show up on the avatar, so there isn't any way to wear them currently on the client

- The usernames that appear underneath the avatars don't have a text shadow, so they look really light

- There's significant lag/slowing when there's more than one person in a room, and/or if you have a large inventory. It can be hard to type and/or look through the inventory when it's this slow

- The boxes didn't show up for me when I tried to use my key at the dungeon

- When I click on my level at the top of the game, it's not showing how much flow is needed to level up

Has there been any information about whether or not they will be doing bug fixes for these?
I'm on the Mac version if it makes any difference.

If there's anything else I encounter, I'll definitely add it to this.

Last edited by Insignificant on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
The name shadow and potions I think are currently being looked into. They seem to share a similar issue to when the mobile version of oW existed. However, I'll help to add more.


In my various testing:

- Slot Machine games are inoperable.

- Sound options break when you click off of the client. So if you have sounds muted and you decide to do something in another tab or another monitor, when you switch back, the sound's back on, despite the "Mute All Sounds" setting is checked.

- Certain text fields at random intervals just completely break.
Client Bugs & Glitches Pq29zk10

- Sometimes, item previews don't show up, so for trades you have no idea what's being offered.

- Profile options stop working at random intervals.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Thanks xDovah! I'm glad they're looking into the potion and usernames glitch.
I truly hope they look at the other bugs as well, because it can make the game pretty difficult to use.

Yeah, I think the trade offers, prices, and profile options tend to stop working or just completely not show up at various times.
Force closing helps temporarily, but then the bug constantly keeps coming back no matter how many times you restart it.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Insignificant wrote:
Thanks xDovah! I'm glad they're looking into the potion and usernames glitch.
I truly hope they look at the other bugs as well, because it can make the game pretty difficult to use.

Yeah, I think the trade offers, prices, and profile options tend to stop working or just completely not show up at various times.
Force closing helps temporarily, but then the bug constantly keeps coming back no matter how many times you restart it.


Absolutely!

Yeah, I've been doing very extensive testing across multiple Windows OSes (a lot of people are having issues on older Operating Systems) from Windows 10 down to Windows XP, and so far only Windows 10 has been capable of running the client. I know you've probably seen the CDL-SSN failed to load posts, whether it'd be on here or over where I lurk, the ourWorld Zendesk help page, however I'm almost certain it's an Operating System incompatibility.

Last edited by xDovahOW on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I missed some grades in school and can't spell the word "capable".)

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Oh wow, that's so unfortunate! I have seen those posts. Do you think the loading error might have to do with allowing the app to access the downloads folder? On Mac, this was an issue, and showed up as a spinning wheel that wouldn't load. Although, it might be a completely different issue on Windows.

The above glitches/bugs that I'm experiencing are on the Mac version, but I've definitely heard that they happen on Windows too. I'm guessing that these are issues within the app for both versions

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Insignificant wrote:
Oh wow, that's so unfortunate! I have seen those posts. Do you think the loading error might have to do with allowing the app to access the downloads folder? On Mac, this was an issue, and showed up as a spinning wheel that wouldn't load. Although, it might be a completely different issue on Windows.

The above glitches/bugs that I'm experiencing are on the Mac version, but I've definitely heard that they happen on Windows too. I'm guessing that these are issues within the app for both versions


Uh, from what I know, Windows can also have the infinite loading icon in certain circumstances. As far as the loading error not having access to a folder is concerned, I don't think that's the case here. At least with the older OSes I've tested, I think it's more of an architecture issue than anything else, as like I stated before, Windows 10 has been the only Windows OS that has worked in my testing. Someone told me the client works on Windows 7 Pro, however they have no proof of that, and if I tested Windows 7 Ultimate and it didn't work there... I think you can put two and two together on that one.  Laughing

So far, I've come across four different loading issues associated with the client (and about 17 crashes, we don't need to talk about those).

The client will either:


  • Load perfectly fine (The best outcome)


  • Fail to load CDL-SSN data from the server (Possibly due to compatibility with Operating System limitations or requirements)


  • Load with a very large error box describing a connectivity issue and ask to restart (Might be a restriction due to antivirus blocking an unknown program, Firewall restrictions, not giving the client any permissions, etc.)

OR

  • Hang on an infinite loading icon (Literally everything else, plus or minus any of the already listed issues)


I have no idea about Mac issues, as I've always used Windows and never touched Mac a day in my life. Laughing But yes, most of the issues you listed can also happen on the Windows side of things.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Ah ok, that definitely makes sense. Just wanted to throw that option out there, because allowing it to access documents fixed my infinite loading wheel. Yeah, the fail to load error is probably much different, and has something to do with the operating system.

Yeah, and even if the client loads fine, then all of the glitches and loading errors within the game will most likely occur (as well as those darn crashes).

Hopefully they do end up working on a fix for some of these

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
I just noticed a new glitch! I hope it is okay for me to add here.

When signing into my other accounts, it shows that my dungeon key activates on a certain date, even though I don't have a key on those accounts; I only have a key on my main account.

So basically, it looks like my dungeon key glitches onto my other accounts after signing out of my main account. I don't think this is that big of a deal, but it is something that I wanted to share.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
JuuI wrote:
I just noticed a new glitch! I hope it is okay for me to add here.

When signing into my other accounts, it shows that my dungeon key activates on a certain date, even though I don't have a key on those accounts; I only have a key on my main account.

So basically, it looks like my dungeon key glitches onto my other accounts after signing out of my main account. I don't think this is that big of a deal, but it is something that I wanted to share.


Yeah, I've had this happen, too, however it didn't stay. It would appear for a few seconds before realizing I don't have a key.
It seems the client has a hard time differentiating data in between accounts, which is somewhat odd.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
That's understandable! Hopefully everything gets smoothed out soon.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Im currently using the client, and sometimes if I have my inventory open my client freezes twice, kinda tired of opening the client again, but also whenever im in one room of the game my connection lags really badly.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
For the most part, the client is basically the mobile app taken to the computer, and it had the exact same issues.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Calibri wrote:
For the most part, the client is basically the mobile app taken to the computer, and it had the exact same issues.


I think saying "for the most part" is a bit of an understatement. The .SWF for ourWorld is literally from the mobile version, as it's titled mobilestub_ow_static.swf. Running the old APK on Nox shows essentially the exact same UI and experience as the client. Now, it doesn't work anymore as the mobile app was discontinued around 2016 (I believe), however the loading screen is exactly the same.

Digging into the old APK shows that the mobilestub_ow_static.swf from the client is exactly from the APK, just updated. Clicking here will show a screenshot of the components of the old APK for ourWorld.

Last edited by xDovahOW on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Decided to dig into the old APK to verify.)

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Bugs are best reported to support@ourworld.com. Customer service keeps track of them and reports them to the developer. I'm just not really involved in that anymore. As for potions, the dev can't seem to get them to work in the client, so it has been marked as Won't Fix.

_________________
[ Visual Guides ] [ Wishlist Info ]

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
We'll probably have to add the "oops" problem that now appears when most people try to verify.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Calibri wrote:
We'll probably have to add the "oops" problem that now appears when most people try to verify.


I could be wrong (probably about a good 99% wrong) but I want to say the client is bugged for verification, at least for Windows in some cases -- I don't think anyone with Mac has had any issues as far as I've seen. scratch
Again, could be completely wrong, but I do feel verification is bugged to some degree regardless.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
Calibri wrote:
We'll probably have to add the "oops" problem that now appears when most people try to verify.


I could be wrong (probably about a good 99% wrong) but I want to say the client is bugged for verification, at least for Windows in some cases -- I don't think anyone with Mac has had any issues as far as I've seen. scratch
Again, could be completely wrong, but I do feel verification is bugged to some degree regardless.


Yep, you're right. ALL people I've met so far with Mac was so confused when I explained this to them. So the Windows ones are bugged.

descriptionClient Bugs & Glitches EmptyRe: Client Bugs & Glitches

more_horiz
Client Bugs & Glitches Screen10

While i was on ourWorld the other day?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum